Friday, April 12, 2013

Self-Care














"When I say NO to you, I'm saying YES to me."  That is a quote from Wisdom in the Rooms and when I first read it, it struck me! It struck me in many ways actually.  I have been having issues with saying yes when I really mean NO.  Or at least I felt like saying "no, I don't want to, that's not my problem or job or responsibility".  You know the drill.

You know what?  It feels really, really good to be completely honest with myself and today I was able to do it, sort of.  Let's just say the message will be heard when I don't show up to that place that I don't want to be.  I am beginning to realize that speaking my truth is about self-care.  It doesn't mean I don't care about another person or their situation or predicament. It just means I care more about "me".

So, today I can take care of MY responsibilities and MY life and MY self.  I can love myself enough to speak my truth and follow through with it!  Very liberating ~ very empowering ~ very honest.  It felt good to value myself and my life more today!

I encourage all of you out there who are trying to "be all" to someone other than yourself to try it .... you'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments: