Friday, October 26, 2012

Step Work? Ugh!

"Geez, step work - ugh!"

Is that your response when your sponsor or someone suggests that maybe you need to do some step work on "that issue"?  Well ... you are not alone!  I guarantee you that.  But it is true what they say:  "when your pain becomes great enough - you become willing to do the work!"

How do I know that?  I am human - just like you - and sometimes I forget.  I cannot tell you how important it is to "use your tools" of recovery.  Things can seem to change virtually overnight by getting back on your step work.  There is a reason that we have to work the steps.  There is a tried and proven reason that we have to do them in order.  There is direct evidence that this stuff really works!

Whether you are new in recovery or not, take the plunge!  Start working your steps with a sponsor.  You will definitely start getting some direction and relief.  And, you will find that when you begin to become complacent (and there is a high probability that you will experience that on your journey) .... once you start doing the work again, all sorts of amazing things will begin to happen for you and in your life.  You will be convinced!

Now - pick up your tools and get started!  Let me now through your comments about your personal experiences with this ...  I can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments: